If, on the last pass right of the second Charleston, all four players want to blind pass one tile, can everyone just pass 2 tiles and eliminate the blind tile? Otherwise, no one has a third tile to pass.
No, players must always pass three tiles either from their own hand or by stealing. In this situation:
- Typically East will go first passing the amount of tiles she can, let's say she only has 2 to pass as stated in this example.
- East will also state that she owes that player 1 additional tile.
- Now, the player on East's right can steal from the two tiles received from East and pass 3 tiles to their right.
- This continues around the table until the 4th player passes 3 tiles to East.
- East can now repay the IOU to the player on her right, by passing one of the tiles she just received.
- All players have now passed 3 tiles.